Thursday, January 27, 2011

mason is easy to love

Today as I sat at the computer, Mason sat on my lap. Randomly he said, "Mom, I love you. I love you more than heaven!"
Today I also took Mason to McDonalds for a happy meal and to play on their sweet playground. I had wanted to buy him lunch and then take him to the Burr Oaks nature center. But when he realized I said I would buy him a happy meal he asked if we could go to the McDonalds with the sweet playground too. He said that is what would make him so happy. And he also said, "Mom, we can go to that other place that you are begging me to go to tomorrow." (meaning Burr Oaks nature center). Was I begging? Huh. So as we were sitting there and he was eating his lunch at McDonalds I asked him what he was going to do when he was five. He thought about it for a 1/2 a minute and then looked at me and sincerely said with a smile, "When I'm five I'm going to do what you tell me to do Momma."
Mason is officially Mr. giggle silly man. He giggles at everything- when he's happy, after he gets hurt, with his brothers, at his brothers, for his brothers, when he's tired, when he's well rested, when he's mad. He is the laughiest kid I've met. I wish adults could laugh as much as children do.
Mason is responsible. He puts clothes away, does any chore he's asked, takes care of his own problems, and cleans up after himself. He even lets me know when he's tired and puts himself down for naps.

Mason says awesome prayers. He prays about everything from A-Z. Last night his prayer was like 10 minutes long, thanking God for everything he could think of which included not having to be naked forever.

I love Mason. I love Mason SO much. And it makes me very, very happy when he says he has a secret to tell me then whispers in my ear, "I love you!"

3 comments:

Brian Adair Fam said...

What a sweet little boy!! I can't believe how big he's getting!

Krystal Trapnell said...

I wish I knew him better. The Mason I know is the one who would eat part of a hot dog. On a good day. So the fact that he's eating lunch at McDonald's says a lot!

My #3 is easy to love, too. Maybe it's the place in the family?

Cooper Squared said...

Sweet boy. It would have been okay to never have had a little girl with a little Mason right? Last night Kelton asked me to snuggle with him and make him cozy. When he fell asleep, I told Chris that sooner or later it will just be weird for him to ask me such things because he is a boy. Enjoying every second of "making him cozy" until that day comes.