Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is the life

Just a few times today I found myself aching for a few moments to myself without any responsibility (did I say moments? I meant hours). Who could I call to babysit???... ugh, still don't know any babysitters yet... and hubby is out of town...and I have a nursing baby...


So I pushed on. Trying my best to hold it together another day, trying to be a nice and loving Mommy one day more. Well, I successfully got the kids down at 8:30pm, and because I was able to sneak in a nap today, I decided it was time to have some alone time FUN. So maybe it's the middle of the night, maybe I should have been asleep 5 hours ago, maybe I am a little naughty, but I am ALL ALONE and I can do WHATEVER I want for HOURS on end!!!


As Mason would say, "This is the life!" First I busted out the paints and canvasses and painted in bright colors and shapes as I listened to lds radio talks and interviews and enjoyed some inspiration for hours without interruption! Then I read my favorite blogs, and listened to some music and even downloaded new tunes! Now I'm writing in my blog! What a thrill! ("Wow" you are thinking, "she calls that fun?" Heck yeah, it is.)


And you may ask, "won't you pay for this irresponsible sponteneity tomorrow?" Do you know what I say to that? "So what!" And "word to your momma!" Because the kids can buy lunch for the second day in a row and we can eat cereal for every meal and I can even shirk my responsibilities for another day and maybe even catch another nap! (Dave is gone through Saturday you know.) Because ya know, the rejuvination that has occurred in the depths of my soul these past hours has been absolutely de-licious!

No comments: