Saturday, January 8, 2011

loving my heater

Well, the kids and I did it! We survived 1.5 cold, long, cold, dark, freezing cold winters without a heater in the van! Did I mention it was cold? We overcame, and now we've gotten smart! This week we finally replaced the thermostat (which come to find out was broken clean in half!).

Nevermore in the van shall we have to wear our coats zipped to our noses, hats pulled down to our eyelids, gloves swathing our fingers making buckling seatbelts impossible, and blankies wrapping our popcicle legs! And we are LOVING it! Isaac now complains that it is TOO HOT in the dead of winter while we are basking in the hot air of our car, wearing nothing but swimming suits and flips. Oh the joy of it! And to think last January I drove, lone pilot and parental figure, pregnant, and with the 3 young boys in tow, 2 days through mountains, subzero temperatures and blizzards without a heater! I'm so happy about our new heater that I think I'll go sit out in the van right now and let the warm air blow through my hair while I day dream about yellow summer days. Oh, simple joys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SO excited for you!
What a christmas miracle

The Lancaster's said...

This made it laugh. You would go sit in the van just for the heat wouldn't you? At least you live where the low's are 50 instead of 5 :)Love you!

crvinton said...

Uh hum. I think the "sub zero" part is stretching it a little, but you are such a good writer April! I love your last two posts! Keep up the writing ... you rival your big brother. Funny story, you fair weather girl, you. Love ya!

Cooper Squared said...

Oh april, come live by me my kindred spirit friend.